Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 10:22:47
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hard copy of PO vs verbal purchase order numbers (Read 214 times)
Laura Oliver

hard copy of PO vs verbal purchase order numbers
12/30/21 at 14:19:43

Sometimes a customer gives us a verbal PO# and then we wait a day or week or month to get a hardcopy of the PO.  Is there anyway to use DBA/Evo to figure out if we have a verbal or hardcopy of the PO?

I had this idea.    
Acme orders a job and gives us verbal PO# 5121.   I suggest we enter PO# 5121...V and then if we when we get a hardcopy we could go into the sales order and change from 5121...V  to 5121...HC.

My guys do not like this idea but we have to do something because sometime we don't realize we have not got a hardcopy until the customer will not pay because the dollar amount was wrong on their po.  The problem is we never ever saw a hardcopy to confirm the price.  

What do yall do?
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Life is Good :o)

Re: hard copy of PO vs verbal purchase order numbe
Reply #1 - 03/28/22 at 10:16:09

Laura,

By any chance, do you use any of the SO's shipping reports to view ahead of time what is supposed to ship?  If so, just enter the words "VERBAL" in the SO Customer Order field and then add the field "BKAR.INV.CUSORD" to the shipping report RTM's you use.  As you are reviewing, any time you see the order "VERBAL" display on the report, you know you must get  hard copy of the PO.  

Another concept would be to add an "Alert" note (will only work if you have EVO Notes turned on) to the SO so that any time this SO is accessed for any reason (make changes, add hard copy PO #, Release for shipment, Etc.), this will trigger a note to pop up indicating something is needed.  If people are in the habit of ignoring note alerts, there is now a default switch that will not close the alert until it is opened to read.

Just some thoughts.

Dennis Wilkinson
IS Tech Support Contractor
dwilkinson@istechsupport.com

IS Tech Support Update 2022.1
PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: hard copy of PO vs verbal purchase order numbe
Reply #2 - 04/01/22 at 08:18:27

Thanks, I am going to look into this.