Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 12:52:06
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AP-B manual check cancelled creates zero check# (Read 194 times)
Laura Oliver

AP-B manual check cancelled creates zero check#
01/03/23 at 10:09:09

If you have chosen Manual check in AP-B and end up choosing cancel (usually because we have picked the wrong checking account) it does not cancel the process.   You end up with check number 0 zero.
You can see check #0 when you view AP-Q but since it is a manual check you must reverse the voucher thru AP-B.  But when you reverse the voucher you can't enter check 0.   I enter a bogus number because I do not know what to do.    

I can work through this issue, but I think it is clumsy not to be able to cancel a manual check mid process. And even worse for it to use check #0.

I also realized that we have created checks with  zero ch numbers  this way and didn't know it.   So if you are missing checks they may be in there with a zero check number.  
Thanks  
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: AP-B manual check cancelled creates zero check
Reply #1 - 04/27/23 at 09:19:59

If you go back thru this forum you will see that I am not the only one who has complained about this clumsy software issue.    

If you tell the software to cancel the check.  IT DOES NOT CANCEL IT!!!!!  Instead a check with check number zero is corrected.  
If I say YES to cancel, then I expect it to be cancelled.,  but it is not.   The software proceeds to post the manual check witht the wrong information,

Sometimes it skips the bank account choice and chooses the wrong bank account,.    There is no way  you can cancel  and change bank accounts.
This is annoying.,  Thanks

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: AP-B manual check cancelled creates zero check
Reply #2 - 06/15/23 at 13:36:09

I am going to start changing the zero "0" check numbers to the correct check number viz BKAPCHKH, rather than reverse  voucher thru AP-B.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print