Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Distributing reports (Read 4452 times)
Steve_Carpenter
Browser

Distributing reports
02/04/04 at 12:30:27

Hi ...

FHC has purchased a Pervasive-specific (2000i) copy of Crystal Reports 8.5 from DBA.  I've created a nice new shop traveler for our Production Manager but it won't work on PC's other than the PC it was created on.

What are our inexpensive options for distributing this report to all PC's in the production area?

Thanks,
Steve Carpenter

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Distributing reports
Reply #1 - 02/06/04 at 13:44:55

Print it to a PDF file and save it to a globally accessable network drive, or email it.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #2 - 02/06/04 at 14:42:09

we use this  

print factory PDF creator

you can print and e-mail in 1 step and it works great with DBA unlike some PDF generators

www.fineprint.com  

jw

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 02/06/04 at 15:25:55

I think he wants to distribute the Executable Crystal program so users can run the report themselves, not distribute the output.  I seem to recall there was something you had to download to be able to do this in the more recent versions of Crystal but I forget what or where.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
HB

I love DBA

Reply #4 - 02/06/04 at 20:45:40

Seagate used to provide a distribution expert addition, but I believe nolonger does so. The file is called SCR8_Distr_Expert and contains rdwiz.exe. It is an add on for ver 8, but works on ver10 also.
I have a copy of this free file (6MB+).  
helmut@generalpencil.com

Following is the "manual" that comes with it:
==============================================================================
 Seagate Software Tech Support                            Phone: 604-669-8379
                                                         Fax  : 604-681-7163

Online Support:   http://support.seagatesoftware.com
               answers@seagatesoftware.com
 File Name: SCR8_Distr_Expert.exe               Compatible with versions:  
                                                         Seagate Crystal Reports 8.0
 Contents:  rdwiz.exe

install.txt (this file)      

Description:  
 ------------
 Compiled Reports and Distribution Expert add-in for Crystal Reports 8:

This update enables Crystal Reports 8 to compile and distribute reports to users
 who do not have the Crystal Reports 8 Designer. Compiling a report creates an executable of
 the report which can be previewed, printed, or exported outside of the Crystal Reports 8  
 Designer. The Distribution Expert creates a setup package of Crystal runtime files with reports  
 which can be installed on computers without the Crystal Reports 8 Designer.

After running the update, the "Compile Report..." and "Report Distribution Expert..." menu items
 are made available under the Report menu in the Crystal Reports 8 Designer.

Note that this download has been made available for backwards compatiblity with previous
 versions of Crystal Reports. This download includes no new features or fixes from previous
 versions of Crystal Reports. Users are encouraged to distribute reports using the new Web Component  
 Server which has many advantages over Compiled Reports. For information on using the Web  
 Component Server, please refer to Chapter 17 of the User's Guide and the Web Reporting  
 Administrator's Guide (web.pdf), both of which are located in the \Docs directory of the product CD.

Compiled Reports and the Report Distribution Expert are expected to be phased out in the
 next release of Crystal Reports.

The following are known issues with this release of Compiled Reports and the Distribution  
 Expert:

- Clicking the 'Next>>' button under the '1.Options' tab in the Distribution Expert causes
   the Distribution Expert to analyze for files and then shutdown unexpectedly under  
   certain circumstances.

- If Crystal Reports 8 is installed using a Network install, the Distribution Expert cannot
   be accessed through the 'Compile Report' box (click the 'Report' menu, then click 'Compile  
   Report...'). The Distribution Expert can only be accessed directly by clicking the 'Report'  
   menu, and then clicking 'Report Distribution Expert...'.

-  Using the Distribution Expert to distribute reports using ODBC Data Sources generates a  
   list of several ODBC files (i.e. Odbc32.dll) under the '3. Third Party Dlls' tab. These
   files should not be distributed with the Distribution Expert. ODBC core components should
   instead be installed using Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). The latest version  
   of MDAC can be found at www.microsoft.com/data.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
 -------------

Note: You must have the Crystal Reports 8 Designer installed before running rdwiz.exe

1. Extract rdwiz.exe into any temporary folder.

2. Run rdwiz.exe. Click Next to install the Report Distribution Expert.

Helmut Bode
General Pencil Co.
DBA Classic 2004.1 w/IS Tech update 7/25/13
EVO-ERP
Pervasive 11
Win2008 Server
Terminal Server
12 Users
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print