Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/13/24 at 20:04:10
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help!  SO-A Number Issue (Read 531 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Help!  SO-A Number Issue
07/26/04 at 14:35:43

(posted also in Sales, just in case)

Sad
OK, for some reason now when our sales folks start to enter a sales order, and cancel out *after* the SO number is assigned, the process is skipping the cancelled # and going to the next one.  I just experimented doing this three times in a row in my test company, and every time I noted the SO number assigned [ex. 25358], then cancelled out after getting into the line items screen, confirmed cancel, then went to enter a new order.  The cancelled # is not in the SO listing.  When the order entry gets to the point where a SO is to be assigned, it gave 25359, not 25358.  I cancelled out again, and started the process over a 3rd time, and it assigned 25360.  

We have missing 8 SO numbers in our SO listing since 7/21, the last time we applied a fix (the SA-A fix).

Help!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: Help!  SO-A Number Issue
Reply #1 - 07/26/04 at 15:37:38

Maybe I am wrong, but I dont think DBA ever "remembers" a Sales Order unless you have entered a line item.      
Here is my suggestion: You may already have a misc part#.   enter that number and then in the description the reason you cancelled the SO.    As long as there is no qty or $$ amt the SO will close.  

It sounds like you are letting DBA assign SO nuymbers.  Then this may be different for you.  We dont let DBA assign sales order numbers because we have several ordertakers that use different order books and they enter their specific book order#,

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Help!  SO-A Number Issue
Reply #2 - 07/27/04 at 06:08:57

yep, we have always allowed DBA to assign the SO#, but it usually hasn't been a problem with skipped numbers until the recent update (we updated from 2000.1 to latest rev). So I guess we'll have to set some
sort of standard here to keep track of the missing #s like you suggest.  My biggest problem will be getting people to pay attention to when they do it.

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print