Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Win7 64 vs 32 bit (Read 13276 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Win7 64 vs 32 bit
Reply #30 - 09/03/10 at 09:42:48

When installing the Pervasive client on the Win 7 machine, make sure to right click and install as admin

When in doubt, reinstall the client

The same when running Evo the first time from the server. Navigate to the EVERP or DBAMFG folder on the server and right click on evoerp.exe and run as admin.

You should also make sure that your anti virus software is not checking everything that runs from the EVOERP/DBAMFG folder.

My Win7 installation now runs Evo at the same speed in ran under XP

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #31 - 11/12/10 at 06:30:36

Regarding the post about Windows 7 sometimes disconnecting network drives automatically, you can fix that so it doesnt give you an error. We recently installed win7 on some new engineering computers and I had to do this on one of them.

"In Windows 7 and Vista mapped network drives will disconnect themselves after a time and show a red cross on the drive icon. You will still be able to click on the drive and see/use the contents but applications that require a network drive will see them as disconnected and will not see files.If you try to disconnect the drive it will still sit there saying 'Disconnected Network Drive' - the only solution is to reboot.
This is because there is a default disconnect time for inactive network connections. To correct this and turn the autodisconnect off do the following:
Open the command prompt as Administrator - to do this either click Start\All Programs\Accessories and RIGHT click the Command Prompt icon then LEFT click Start as Administrator or type CMD into the search box and hold Control & Shift keys down then press enter.

In the Command box type:

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

and press return.

Reboot computer.
Your mapped network drives should now stay connected - this is a permanent fix.
Also - when connecting mapped drives to Vista or Windows 7 - connect them with the full domain name of the server i.e.   \\servername.domain.local\sharename  NOT \\servername\sharename - Vista/Windows 7 insist on full domain paths in order to reconnect. You can connect using just servername but if it needs to reconnect it will not find the server."

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #32 - 11/12/10 at 06:53:38

Interesting tidbit about the network drives - happens here frequently and is mildly annoying.....One question however - what if you don't have a domain and only have the network set up as a workgroup?

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #33 - 11/12/10 at 07:29:05

I imagine if you just have a workgroup, then it will not require a domain in the path, since there isnt a domain that exists on the network. I've never had to test that since we use a domain, so try it out!

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print