Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 12:12:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need walkthru to loan DBA Classic on new Win 7 (Read 1924 times)
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Need walkthru to loan DBA Classic on new Win 7
08/27/10 at 09:46:28

Hi all!

We just got 5 brand new machines loaded with Win 7 that I am preparing to put into service.  We also have a laptop that was upgraded to Win 7 and loaded DBA classic on..running Pervasive 2000i.  Initially, had Betreive 11 error on laptop, but ran as admin took care of issue.

I went through the process on the first machine of loading Pervassive as admin and then loaded to workstation setup on the first new machine.  When I load DBA, I am getting the same Betreive error.  

I think I might have done the initial load wrong....can someone please walk me through what exactly needs to be done.  Any idiot proofing would be much appreciated!  

Thanks!
Lauren

Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Need walkthru to loan DBA Classic on new Win 7
Reply #1 - 08/27/10 at 09:48:37

On most machines I have had to install Pervasive client twice to get it to work. No idea why. I know that I install as admin the first time, but when I do the same a second time it starts working. I am also using 2000i.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
dbldharris
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: Need walkthru to loan DBA Classic on new Win 7
Reply #2 - 08/27/10 at 09:52:19

I don't have to reinstall the desktop again though, right?  I also get an error that it can't find the "sample" to test on, but if I tell it to ignore it says it loaded fine.  

Thanks...I will try again.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print