Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 10:33:10
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epayment button in AP-F (Read 1335 times)
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Epayment button in AP-F
01/22/13 at 14:10:41

I really like the Epayment button in AP-F.
It really simplifies payments that get pulled from checking.

I would like to see a couple of things added to it:

1. Popup a Check number window (like print manual check does) that gives me
the last check number so that I can use it or change it to another reference number.

2. Give me the option of updating the last check number with the reference that I choose above (like print manual check does).

3. Let me print a faux check (or receipt of some kind) that I can put with my paperwork to show that I did "pay" this item.

« Last Edit: 01/22/13 at 19:11:18 by kevind »  

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lenette

That's why they call
it work!!

Re: Epayment button in AP-F
Reply #1 - 01/22/13 at 16:01:28

I use this feature all the time for my ACH payments.  I created a "NOT A CHECK" check that states it will be deposited in the next 1-2 business days and email that to my customer (print a copy for me).  The email option via epay pulls right from the Vendor info.  We have labeled our contacts with an ACH prior to their name (example ACH-Lenette).  Then we know exactly where the confirmation goes to.

As for check numbers... it gives you the next number in series (or at least it does for me).

What I would like to see is an option like we have for Payroll.  Where you can state that a company is ACH or Check similar to how payroll works.  Print the ACH checks first then the actual checks second.  We use AP-F to select our checks for payment, then all the ACH Vendors I have to go back thru and repick via AP-F.

Smiley
Lenette

Version: Current (always current on patches)
Build - 05/21/19 T7-7iR11
Pervasive 12.00 - EVO seats 15 DC seats 5
DBA since 2002

Lenette Egan
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 01/22/13 at 18:55:57

Kevin -

The Evo version does print a receipt that can be filed and/or emailed to vendors which is what Lenette is referring to; she uses Evo.  I agree, the option to specify the number and not update the "next" check number so you can use a different reference number would be an improvement.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #3 - 01/22/13 at 19:13:20

It's nice to know EVO supports that.

Unfortunately, I still can't run EVO on ANY machine.

I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #4 - 03/14/13 at 18:07:33

Quote from Lenette on 01/22/13 at 16:01:28:

As for check numbers... it gives you the next number in series (or at least it does for me).

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 01/22/13 at 18:55:57:

I agree, the option to specify the number and not update the "next" check number so you can use a different reference number would be an improvement.

Like Lenette, we too are able to enter the desired "check number" (it suggests one but we don't use it). As far as I know it doesn't reset the "next check number" either. Not 100% sure about the last point as I use EPay but am not usually the one that prints regular checks.

I agree that this enhancement is great. Not only do we use it for the obvious ACH payments, we even use it with one of our vendors that we pay multiple invoices at once by credit card (we pay them twice a month with two credit cards that have closing dates 2 weeks apart, giving us close to two months to pay - and the CCs we use pay us 2% into and IRA, win-win). We enter the (PO) invoices as regular (not COD) invoices as they come in. Then when we want to pay some, we pick them and EPay them (selecting the credit card "bank account" that we've set up) and send the vendor a copy of the report along with the CC info. That gives us one entry in the check register to balance against the one charge that they make to our card, and we can even pick offsetting credits without making any complications.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print